Homeowners in central and southern Arizona may need water treatment services for several reasons. The local water supply often contains minerals or contaminants that can affect the taste, odor, and quality of the water. Drought and contamination often result in water that is unsafe for both people and their appliances. Enjoy purer water today by contacting Fast Layne Plumbing for trustworthy water treatment services in San Tan Valley.
- Gold Canyon
- North Phoenix
- Queen Valley
- Cave Creek
- Paradise Valley
- Queen Creek
- San Tan Valley
Hard water is water that contains high levels of minerals, such as calcium and magnesium. While hard water is technically safe to consume, it can cause several issues in the home.
Some of the many consequences of having hard water include:
- Reduced water pressure: Over time, minerals in hard water can build up in pipes and plumbing fixtures, leading to reduced water pressure and slower drainage.
- Stains and residue: Notice any long-term stains on sinks, toilets, and other surfaces? Hard water is often a culprit, also leaving behind a residue or film on dishes, glasses, and other kitchenware.
- Skin and hair issues: The minerals in hard water can make it more difficult to rinse soap and shampoo, leading to dry and itchy skin and hair.
- Damaged appliances: Hard water is known to cause damage to appliances such as water heaters, washing machines, and dishwashers. The buildup of minerals can cause these appliances to wear out faster, leading to costly repairs or replacements.
- A shortened lifespan of clothing: The buildup of minerals left from hard water in fabric can cause clothing to fade and wear out faster.
Our licensed experts are ready to help you! Call (480) 418-2760 or reach us online.
With developing technology in water treatment methods, homeowners can take advantage of multiple kinds of systems, all designed to fix unique problems. Depending on the individual needs of customers, plumbers may suggest only one treatment system, or they might advise using a combination of systems. The specific issues with the water supply will greatly influence which system is most optimal. For example, water softeners remove minerals such as calcium and magnesium from the water, which can cause issues such as hard water stains and buildup. UV disinfection systems use ultraviolet light to kill bacteria and other microorganisms in the water supply. Chemical treatments, like chlorination or ozonation, can also disinfect water and remove contaminants.
How to Tell Which Water Treatment System You Need
Since there are many treatment systems available, it can be challenging for homeowners to decide on their own. This is why it is always a good idea to consult with a professional team.
The first step that experts will suggest is scheduling a water test to identify the specific contaminants or minerals that are present in the water supply. Once homeowners know which issues they need to address, plumbers can explain the pros and cons of each option. Our knowledgeable techs at Fast Layne Plumbing can also advise clients on cost and maintenance requirements.
To determine which solution would be best for your home, ask us about our services for water treatment in San Tan Valley by calling (480) 418-2760.
"David not only was available he literally talked to us while out of state!!!"- Talia G.
Speedy & Efficient
"I will absolutely be using them again in the future and recommending to all my friends."- Rachel B.
"We will continue to use FLP for our home."- Rachel B.
Honest & Responsive
"They got our shutoff valves replaced and the water softener installed right away!"- Christian D.
"Did the best job."- Diezel I.